The 2021 Major League Soccer SuperDraft list of eligible players has been released, and two San Francisco Glens, Nabi Kibunguchy and Rei Dorwart, have made the final cut.
Kibunguchy, a defender/midfielder from Elk Grove, California, earned USL League Two Western Conference Team of the Year honors in 2019 with the Glens, as well as All-Big West Conference First Team plaudits from his college days at UC Davis. He was recently invited to Sporting Kansas City's College Invitational Combine.
Dorwart, a versatile winger/defender from San Francisco, is a highly regarded player on the West Coast, having been a regular starter on the right wing for the Glens after a year where he was offered a trial with Club Tijuana's Under-20 team. He was also a part of Cal State Fullerton's nationally ranked team last season.
The Glens hope the duo will add to the club's total of MLS SuperDraft selections. Since 2019, five players have been picked:
• Sam Junqua - 2019 - Houston Dynamo (1st round, 8th overall)
• Roy Boateng - 2019 - New York Red Bulls (1st round, 16th overall)
• Shinya Kadono - 2019 - D.C. United (3rd round, 72nd overall)
• Sam Ebstein - 2019 - FC Dallas (4th round, 87th overall)
• Simon Lekressner - 2020 - New England Revolution (2nd round, 30th overall)
The 2021 MLS SuperDraft will take place next Thursday, Jan. 21, with the first of the three rounds live-streamed on mlssoccer.com at 11 a.m. PT.